Alot has been going on since the last post a month and a half ago. Sadly, maternity leave ended and I started back to work May 2nd. That means Cooper started daycare. He's going to a center for employess that's right across the street from the hospital where I work. He's been there for 3 weeks now and has already avoided a nasty stomach bug and RSV. He must have gotten some good genes :) At the end of his second week, he had a little cough/cold, but that's pretty much gone aside from the runny nose. Lucky for Cooper (or maybe not) Mom loves using the nasal aspirator for all the goopy boogers. It makes me feel like I'm cleaning out all the yucky stuff.
Oh yeah, and May 7th he started SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! We had become used to getting up once a night for the past 2 months, and when he went to bed at 9 and didn't wake up until 6, we thought we had missed something. He does still have some nights where he gets up once around 2 or 3, but that's ok. He'll be starting solids in a couple of weeks, and surely he'll stay fuller longer then.
I had a great first Mother's Day. We spent the actual day just staying around the house, but we went to Corey's parents' house for a cookout the day before so the extended family could meet Cooper. It was a great time and the weather could not have been more perfect. My two boys got me a charm bracelet (Pandora-like) and I can't wait to keep adding beads and charms to it! Love love love it!
I know I'm going backwards here, but this Easter, Corey became a full member of the Catholic Church and had his fisrt communion and confirmation. Both of our parents came and even though the mass was long, it was pretty neat to be there for that special time in Corey's life. Uncle Scott and Aunt Jan watched Cooper that night, the first time he was away from both of us for longer than a trip to the gym, and he did great.
In other things, I've been training for a 10K that I'm running June 18th. I've been running for about 9 weeks now and can easily run 4.5 miles. Each time I do that, I feel like I can keep going, but I look at the time and feel like I need to be doing something else and need to get back to the house. I'll do more miles when the training schedule has me doing 6 and 7 miles over the next couple of weeks. I am a few pounds lighter now than I was a year ago when I found out I was pregnant, which is not a bad thing. I feel like I'm in better shape than I was then, too. Feels pretty good to be able to get in some good running.
Our pool opens this weekend, and I can't wait to get Cooper in his bathing suit and see how he likes the water. He's getting better at taking baths, so I'm hoping he'll enjoy the pool just the same, or even better! Unfortunately, I have to work all weekend and we have a few neighborhood parties to go to both days, so I don't know if we'll make it to the pool until next weekend. Whenever we get there, I'm sure it'll be a great and interesting first :)
I'll finish this up with an update on what Cooper's learning to do now that he's 3.5 months:
1) He's holding up his head and sitting in his bumbo seat/walker (although his legs are way too short for it to be a "walker" right now).
2) He's able to hold rattles and toys and stick them in his mouth (along with bibs, washclothes)
3) He laughs and giggles out loud
4) On his tummy, he can pick up his head and is sooooo close to rolling over onto his back. He moves his arms and legs like he's trying to crawl.
5) Standing him on your legs, he'll push up and put weight throgh his legs
6) He sucks his right thumb (sometimes)
No comments:
Post a Comment