Friday, June 24, 2011

Apparently I'm only good for monthly updates, but it's better than nothing. This is going to be a long one.  I apologize in advance!

Cooper had his 4-month check-up a couple of weeks ago(ok...3 weeks ago) and weighed in at 16lbs 4oz and 26 inches long.  He's in the 83% for height and 75% for weight.  He is soooo big!! He started eating solids around the beginning of June.  He was not a fan of the rice cereal, most of it always ending up on his bib and every spoonful was accompanied by a not-so-pleasant face.  I decided that I was going to try to make Cooper's babyfood, and I had already pureed some green beans and butternut squash that were ready to go in the freezer.  We started Cooper on the green beans, and after the first feeding, he did quite well. He LOVES butternut squash and will eat the entire ice cube (~1oz) and still want more! The other day, we had a ripe banana sitting on the counter, so I decided to mash it up and give that to him, which he also loved.  It's so fun to watch him eat! He's also had peas and carrots, which he also seems to enjoy as much as a baby can.

Tonight, he decided he was going to roll over.  This was very exciting to me. Of course he didn't go by the book, where typically babies roll first from their tummy to their back.  Nope, it was back to tummy.  He's been rolling onto his side for a while now, but just couldn't get his big butt all the way over, or figure out that he needs to get his arm out from underneath him.  Tonight he figured it out!  Guess we really need to watch out now.   He'll be crawling in no time.

Last Saturday, I ran my very first 10K and I think it went pretty well.  My time was 1:00:29.  I was trying for under an hour, but I still did a sub-10min/mile, so I guess I can be happy with that.  The course was flat except for a small hill at the last mile.  It was a really fun time, and I'm wondering now why I waited so long to actually try a 10K.  There's a half marathon in downtown Atlanta on Thanksgiving morning, which is next on my agenda.  It'd be kinda cool to say I did one before I turn 30 in February.  I want to be able to run the whole thing, so I'll probably start really training for it at the end of August.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time, and it's still pretty far away!

Random change of subject....our neighbors across the street went on vacation, so I got to pick up their Farmer's Basket yesterday.  What's a Farmer's Basket, you ask?  Well, it is pretty much the most awesome thing I've seen in a while (sidenote--I don't get out much and love very simple, domestic type things/activities).  There's a warehouse about 10 mins from our house that gets fresh produce delivered weekly.  Each week, there's a different variety of fruits and vegetables, depending on what gets delivered to the warehouse.  This was yesterday's basket

That is romaine lettuce, a bunch of spinach, white mushrooms, corn, a pineapple, oranges, apples, peaches, bananas, and white onions.  All of that, cost only $15.00!!  I am hooked after just one week.  I love that you don't know what's going to be in it.  It's sort of like Iron Chef and the secret ingredient.  OK, maybe it's not quite like that, but I love the idea :)  So yes, you pay the $15 each week and get about this same amount of food each time.  It's definately a great way to get us to eat more veggies and fruit and much cheaper than the store.

If you've made it this far, I'll leave you with some pics of little man, Cooper:










                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment