The top one is very small, and right now, it's sitting on one of the ladder shelves in the family room, but I'm not sure if it will stay there or not. I've also made a couple of decoupage picture frames using scrapbooking paper and cheap unfinished wood frames. Tonight, I'm starting my yarn-covered monogram letters. Those will be going on the dining room wall that needs to be covered up because the sheetrock is so horrible. I hope they turn out as nice as they are looking in my head.
So along with all the crafting, I have also been googling cupcake recipes. Last night, I made these:
French toast cupcakes. Cinnamon cupcake with maple cream cheese frosting and a dusting of cinnamon-sugar. Eventhough they're tasty, I am very critical of anything I make/bake and I think they are a bit on the dry side. I probably mixed the batter for too long, but Corey really enjoyed them. I may have also kept them in the oven for too long, because the time on the recipe was for full-size cupcakes. Oh, well. Tomorrow, I'll test them out on the work folks and see what they think. Next on the cupcake list is a banana cupcake with peanut butter frosting. I may try regular size instead of the minis though.
I put up my Fall decorations tonight, which I'm sad to say is just enough stuff to put on the mantle and make one centerpiece. I need more stuff!! Haven't had time yet to put anything more than a fall garden flag outside, which is also quite sad. I love fall and try to get all decorated as soon after Labor Day as I can.
Update on Cooper:
He rocks back and forth on his knees, but can't quite get his belly off the floor to crawl. He claps, waves at himself, says "baba" "lala" dada" and "ohh". I may have heard a "mama" today, but not sure. He sits in the bathtub like a big boy without his baby tub and loves to play with his sporty rubber duckies. He also loves to try and "catch" the water as it comes out of the faucet.
| 7 months old (9/2/11) |
| checking out my hands ("waving") |
| What happens when Cooper tries to crawl right now |
| brushing the gums (and the 2 pearly whites) |
Cooper is getting SO big! I love your wreaths. Are they wrapped with yarn?
ReplyDelete