Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bring on the snow!

We've got our battery-powered lanterns, candles, bucket 'o salt-mix, and pile of firewood all ready for tonight/tomorrow.  They're predicting about 3-5" of snow, followed by a lovely almost 1/2" of ice to top it off and make everything look pretty. I did brave it to the grocery store after work tonight, which everyone was saying was horrible, but I must have been in a bubble, because I didn't notice any difference from the typical Sunday shoppers. No bare shelves and I got a front parking spot without using the "expectant mother" parking. I wanted to make sure we had SOME snacks in case the lights do happen to go out.

I am pretty excited to have an unplanned day off of work tomorrow.  I've pretty much decided I'm not going in, for the sake of having made it to almost 38 weeks pregnant (Thursday) without getting hit by a silly GA driver.  No need to chance it in the ice/snow....more time for nesting!! The nesting continues tonight with some baking.  Looks like yummy cinnamon streusel muffins are the winner. Can't wait to eat 'em!

Here's to hoping Cooper doesn't decide to come on out over the next few days....or Corey may be more involved in the delivery than he or I would really like :)

No comments:

Post a Comment