Monday, February 28, 2011

Sleeping in the crib

Last night was a big night for Cooper (and Mom and Dad).  He slept in his crib the entire night!  Granted, he is still waking up twice a night (he goes 4 hours, and then 3 hours usually), he actually didn't fuss too much after feedings in the middle of the night, which I was worried about.  He has napped a couple of times in the crib, but when we've tried to put him down at night, he'd scream and I just couldn't take it.  Last night, we put him down while he was sleeping (which I know you're not "supposed" to do), but he did just fine.  He was semi-awake when I put him down both times during the night. 


Cooper had been sleeping in bed between Corey and I (another no-no) and it was getting to become a problem when I would wake up and have a little Cooper smushed against my pillow with arms flailing and hitting me in the face.  Also, Corey said that he would be worried that Cooper was somehow going to fall out of the bed and would wake up cuddling our little dog, Prissy, thinking it was the boy. 


This was a huge step for all of us, and now I'm sure we'll all get better sleep :)  I'm sure it won't be too long before he's sleeping through the night.  Our boy is getting so big!!

1 comment:

  1. Very funny! If you thought your son was falling out of the bed in your sleep and all you could grab on to was a dog you'd grab on too! Besides... He'll end up being just as hairy as the dog once he gets older.

    ReplyDelete