Remember this post from April? Well, I finished my first half marathon yesterday! It was so much fun! I ran an 11 mile trail run with Corey for his birthday Oct 1, and did a 6-week training for the half. My training went great, until the past 2-3 days. I thought I wasn't going to be able to run because of some pretty severe back pain. Not sure if the pain was from lifting some heavy duty patients at work or lifting Cooper, but nonetheless, it was there and it was not cool. Thank goodness I have some great coworkers and ex-coworkers who were able to give me some PT, as well as a TENS unit and some trusty biofreeze. I felt great during the race and finished in 2:05:46. That was about 5 mins faster than I had been training for, so I was happy. This race, my goal was to run the whole thing, so I wasn't so concerned with my time, and I accomplished that. So next time, I'll work on getting under 2 hours. I just don't know when the next time will be.
On tap for today is putting up the Christmas decorations, and getting a much needed massage. I love the Christmas season, because now I don't feel like a weirdo watching great movies like Elf and Christmas Vacation. We may try to take Cooper to see Santa tomorrow morning, so I'm sure I'll be posting some pictures soon!
Happy Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment