Update on Cooper is that he just doesn't want to come out! I'm 2 days overdue, and went to the Dr. yesterday. Everything is perfect, so they're making us wait another week to see if he comes on his own. If he's not here by Thursday, Feb 3, he's coming out!! Induction is scheduled for that evening, so he probably won't be here until Friday. In a way, this is good, because we can sort of plan a little bit. Also, the doctor on call on Friday is the one I've hoped to get for the delivery. Guess that's our silver lining for having to wait so long for the boy to get here.
So far, he's measuring 8lbs on the ultrasound and I'm hoping that is a little overshot, because over the next few days, he's still going to be gaining some weight. Monday I go in for a non-stress test, where I basically get strapped to some heartrate monitor and they watch for changes in his heartrate with activity. Since he still wiggles and kicks pretty much all the time, surely this will be fine. Just gives me something to do while I wait for him to get here.
Maternity leave started on Thursday, mostly because I just couldn't take peoples' comments at work anymore. On Wednesday, when asked "When's that baby due?" and the reply was "Tomorrow", I got some shocked faces and stupid comments. I can't imagine if I went to work in 2 days (Monday) and the reply would be "5 days ago" what reactions I would get. People need to keep their comments to themselves.
Next post will include pics of Mr. Cooper. Can not wait!!!
Aww! Just tell them-Any day now:) It isn't their business. Good luck. The world cannot wait for Cooper's arrival!
ReplyDeleteCheryl this is a little late but my mom was rolled out of her office in an office chair the day my brother was born. She was laying people off when her water broke!
ReplyDelete